Giancarlo Buratti was born in Pietrasanta in 1959 and obtained his diploma in 1983 from the Accademia di Belle Arti in Carrara. He started out working with his father Urbano, a laudable sculptor. During his career many of the jobs he was commissioned were to do with portraitry (Ronald Reagan, Michail Gorbaciov, Nicolas Sarkozy and King Gustaf of Sweden to name but a few); the production of monuments such as the one dedicated to the “Guide dogs for the blind” (Scandicci 1996) or to “Pope John Paul II” (Salerno 1998) or “Man and time” (Toronto 2002), the bronze door for the bell tower of the Collegiate church of Montefredente (Bologna 2003), several low reliefs in bronze on a Eucharistic theme for the Church of S. Nicola in Barletta (2006), the bronze monument to the Patriarch Ignatius IV (Hazim) (Lebanon 2009), but also religious and decorative works and copies of classical sculpture. He has collaborated on numerous occasions with local artists. He has also produced a number of personal pieces which can be found in private collections in Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Great Britain, Holland and the USA. Since 1982 he has exhibited in several public and private galleries in Italy and Holland and is a member of the National Sculpture Society of New York since 1997.


Activities: Clay sculptures

Materials processed: Clay, chalk and resin

Address: Via Col di Nava, 18
55045 – Loc. Pontestrada, Pietrasanta (LU)

Phone: +39 0584.793309

Fax: +39 0584.793309

E-mail: info@burattiscultura.it

Web site: www.burattiscultura.it

Tipology: Artisanal

Partecipates in: Artigianart

Galleria Fotografica

Page Reader Press Enter to Read Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Pause or Restart Reading Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Stop Reading Page Content Out Loud Screen Reader Support