Founded in 1821 by Marco Borrini from Seravezza, who became owner of a large portion of the “marble fields” of Mount Altissimo, and by the Frenchman Jean Baptiste Alexandre Henraux, at the time Soprintendente Regio for the choice and purchase of Carrara white and statuary marbles for public monuments in France, Henraux is today leader in the field of marble quarrying and processing. Thanks to the wealth of those quarries — already known by Michelangelo — in a little over a decade the company registers rapid and extraordinary success.
In those years the company is entrusted with prestigious commissions: in 1845 Saint Isaac’s Cathedral in Saint Petersburg, in 1962 the floor in poly-chromatic marbles for the parvis of Saint Peter’s Basilica at the Vatican, in the years 1945-1962 the reconstruction of the Abbey of Montecassino. In 1956 the company undertakes a long and fruitful rapport with the famous sculptor Henry Moore, who was in Versilia to choose the travertine for the large sculpture commissioned to him by the Unesco in Paris, and enters into contact with the company. For the directors and workers of Henraux it is their first encounter with contemporary forms of plastic research, marking an important turning point in the activity of the historic company.
Activities: Blocks, sheets and processed material, quarries of Arabescato Cervaiole, Statuario Cervaiole, Statuario Altissimo and Arabescato Altissimo
Materials processed: Marble, granite and stones
Address: Via Deposito, 269
55046 – Querceta, Seravezza (LU)
Phone: +39 0584.7611
Fax: +39 0584.761342
Web site: www.henraux.it
Partecipates in: CosMaVe